- Name: Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
- Release Date: May 13, 2014
Focus Type: Autofocus / Manual
- Format : Full Frame
- Mounts: Canon EF
- Color: Black
- Availability: June 2014
- Price: $1,199.00
- Purchase options: Amazon | Adorama | B&H
- High performance L-series ultra-wide zoom lens in a compact design and Optical Image Stabilizer for up to four stops of correction
- Three aspheric lens elements, including a large-diameter aspheric lens, help correct aberration.
- Two UD lens elements help reduce chromatic aberration from the center to the periphery throughout the entire zoom range for excellent image quality with high resolution and contrast.
- Fluorine coating on front and rear lens surfaces are optimized to help minimize ghosting.
- Highly resistant to dust and water intrusion, enabling shooting even in harsh conditions.
- Inner focusing and ring USM for silent, fast and accurate autofocusing
- Circular aperture (9 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Minimum focusing distance of 0.92 ft/0.28m across entire zoom range.
- Full-time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in AF Mode.
This new lens is fully compatible with all EOS Digital SLR cameras including full-frame cameras like the EOS 5D Mark III and EOS 6D Digital SLR cameras, the compact and lightweight EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM ultra wide-angle zoom lens offers high image quality and an Optical Image Stabilizer (IS) for shake correction up to four shutter speed stepsii, making handheld shooting possible in dimly lit scenes where camera shake can occur. In addition, an intelligent CPU in the lens automatically selects the optimal IS mode by recognizing differences between normal handheld shots and panning. This technological advancement supports a greater range of creative expression for photographers in otherwise difficult shooting situations, such as dark indoor scenes where flash photography is prohibited, or in places where a tripod cannot be used, or when shooting at low ISO speeds.
The EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM ultra wide-angle zoom lens features newly developed, high quality Canon optics that incorporate three GMo (Glass-Molded) aspheric lens elements, including a large-diameter aspheric lens, which help improve image quality by correcting aberrations. Two additional UD lens elements help reduce chromatic aberration from edge to edge throughout the entire zoom range for excellent image quality with high resolution and contrast. The lens also features enhanced fluorine lens coatings on the front and rear lens surfaces to repel dust particles and help ensure superb color balance while minimizing ghosting. The inner focusing and ring USM offer silent, fast and accurate autofocusing. Full-time manual focus adjustment is available in autofocus (AF) mode. A nine-blade circular aperture creates beautiful, soft backgrounds. A new compact four-group zoom system provides a minimum focusing distance of 0.28m/11 inches throughout the zoom range and a maximum magnification of 0.23x at the telephoto end for outstanding performance.
|Angle of view (horzntl, vertl, diagnl)||98° – 54°,|
74°10′ – 38°,
108°10′ – 63°
|Lens construction (elements/groups)||16/12|
|No. of diaphragm blades||9|
|Closest focussing distance (m)||0.28|
|Maximum magnification (x)||0.23x (at 35mm)|
|AF actuator||Ring USM¹|
|Filter diameter (mm)||77|
|Max. diameter x length (mm)||82.6 x 112.8|
|Lens cap||E-77 II|
|Rear cap||Lens Dust Cap E|
|Magnification w/ Extension Tube EF12 II||0.63-0.36¹|
|Magnification w/ Extension Tube EF25 II||1.12-0.80¹|
|Extender Compatibility||Not Compatible|
|Other Accessories||Close-up lens 500D, tele only – 0.07 to 0.28x|
Gelatin Filter Holder IV for full telephoto only