Canon EOS 7D Mark II Firmware Update, Version 1.0.5
1. Improves AF accuracy when used in combination with the EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM lens or EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM lens.
2. Fixes a phenomenon in which, in very rare cases, the “Peripheral illumination correction” is applied inconsistently.
3. Fixes a phenomenon, in which, while performing an EF lens firmware update, the progress bar displayed on the LCD monitor may freeze at 100% even though the update has been completed.
4. Fixes a processing error in relation to the leap second for the “Geotag information appended to image” and “Log data” GPS functions.
5. Fixes a phenomenon, where at the time of shooting in very rare cases “Err 70” occurs, or the shutter does not release.
After updating the firmware, you should reconfirm any AF Microadjustments you may have set for your
EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM or EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM lens.