- Model name: Canon Speedlite 430EX III-RT
- Release Date: July 8, 2015
- Availability: September 2015
- Price: $299.99
- Purchase options: Adorama | Amazon | B&H | Canon Store
- Compact body for space efficiency and style
- First time in the Canon 430EX series – radio-controlled wireless flash shooting capabilities
- Speedlite 430EX-III RT can be used as a master flash in radio triggering mode.
- Zoom flash head covers a range of 24-105mm; maximum guide number 141ft./43m at ISO 100
- Convenient controls include a built-in Catchlight Panel to help enhance the subject’s facial expression, Dot-matrix LCD and Multi Dial that help provide smooth operation and use
- Broad bounce angle range allows the flash head to be moved up from from 0-90 degrees, 150 degrees to the left and 180 degrees to the right
- 10 Custom Functions and 8 Personal Functions allow the user to tailor the Speedlite to their needs
Featuring enhanced functionality and operability over its predecessor (the Canon Speedlite 430EX II), the new Canon Speedlite 430EX III-RT features wireless flash shooting via optical or radio transmission (similar to the Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT with master and slave functions in radio mode but slave function only in optical transmission), now with shorter recycling time and quicker firing. This multi-functional flash unit makes more advanced flash shooting easy for any photographer with its intuitive, user-friendly operation, abundant bounce and swivel shooting functions and advanced features including a maximum Guide Number of 43/141 at ISO 100 in meters/feet, auto zooming from 24-105mm, Hi-Speed Sync and Second-curtain Sync. In addition, the Speedlite 430EX III-RT has been reduced in size and weight compared to its predecessor.
Featuring another first for the 430EX series of flash units, the Canon Speedlite 430EX III-RT also includes an SCF-E2 Color Filter which helps balance color temperature when shooting in incandescent lighting, an SBA-E2 Bounce Adapter that helps soften light while helping suppress shadows, a built-in Catchlight panel, illuminated dot-matrix LCD, new control dial, light distribution options, multi-camera sync shooting, and remote shutter release. Enhanced functions include broader bounce angle range and flash exposure compensation via the new control dial. Also included are two cases – one for the flash and one for the filter and adapter.
- Perfect primary flash unit for amateur and advanced amateur photographers
- For professional photographers looking for a small and lightweight secondary flash.
|Compatible Cameras||Type-A EOS cameras (E-TTL II/E-TTL autoflash)|
|Guide Number||Supports a shooting angle of view with a lens focal length of 24-105mm.The maximum Guide No. is approximately 141.1 ft./43m at ISO 100 and 105mm flash coverage.When the extendable wide panel is pulled out, the flash coverage is 14mm.|
|Number of Flashes||Approx. 180-1200 flashes (with size-AA/LR6 alkaline batteries)|
|Recycling Time||Normal flash: Approx. 0.1-3.5 sec.
Quick flash: Approx. 0.1-2.5 sec.
|Flash Range||Effective flash range with EF 50mm f/1.4 lens at ISO 100
|AF Assist Beam||Emission method switchable in Personal Functions between Intermittent flashes and Infrared AF-assist beam.
Emitting small series of flashes is supported during viewfinder shooting, and Quick mode during Live View shooting or movie shooting.Effective Range (Approx.):
At Center: 2.3-13.1 ft./0.7-4.0m
Periphery: 2.3-11.5 ft./0.7-3.5m
|Custom Functions||10 Functions|
|Personal Functions||8 Functions|
|Power Source||Four AA-size/LR6 alkaline or AA/HR6 Ni-MH batteries|
|Internal Sound Generator||N/A|
|External Power Source||N/A|
|Dimensions||Approx. 2.78 x 4.48 x 3.87 in./70.5 x 113.8 x 98.2mm|
|Weight||Approx. 10.41 oz. / 295g|