- Model Name: Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8L Macro lens
- Release Date: August 29, 2017
- Focus Type: Autofocus / Manual
- Format : Full Frame
- Mounts: Canon EF
- Color: Black
- Availability: November 2017
- Price: $2199.00
- Purchase options: Adorama | B&H | Amazon
- High-performance L-series Lens.
- Large f/2.8 Maximum Aperture.
- UD Lens Elements Help Reduce Chromatic Aberration.
- Optimized Lens Coating for Ghosting and Flare Reduction.
- Large Tilt and Shift Knobs for Increased Operability.
- Tilt-locking Mechanism for Use When Shooting.
- Increased Tilt Range of ±8.5°.
- Increased Shift Range of ±10mm.
- Minimum Focusing Distance of 16 in./0.39m.
- Maximum Magnification of 0.5x.
Tilt-Shift lenses have several applications for suitable photographers because of their ability to provide enhanced creative control over perspective through the tilt function and depth-of-field through the shift function in their images. This ability can be optimal when photographing landscapes, portraits, and architecture.
The image quality derived from Canon Tilt-Shift lenses has evolved considerably since their first inception several years ago. Enhanced optical elements like molded aspherical glass and UD lenses are at the core of the new Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8L Macro lens. These features provide users with edge-to-edge resolution, improved image quality over previous Canon TS-E lenses and minimum distortion. Canon also included two anti-reflective coatings, SubWaveLength Structure Coating (SWC) and Air-Sphere Coating (ASC) in the TS-E 90mm f/2.8L Macro lens. SWC helps to reduce flare and ghosting, while ASC is a new technology that provides amazingly high, anti-reflective performance, particularly when alleviating incidental light that can enter a lens.
The new Canon Tilt-Shift lenses also offer improved operability over previous models, including larger tilt, shift-and-lock knobs, lock-release button and a new tilt-locking mechanism that firmly locks the lens in the zero-tilt position to help prevent unintended tilting to increase more precise shooting capabilities. The rotation of the tilt-shift lenses also allows users to freely change the axis of tilt movement and shift from right angles to parallel to better adapt to various shooting conditions and situations.
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View||28° 30′|
|Minimum Focus Distance||2.79′; (85 cm)|
|Elements/Groups||14 / 10|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 77 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.49 x 4.15″ (88.6 x 105.4 mm)|
|Weight||2.09 lbs (950 g)|
Amazon | Adorama | B&H | DigitalRev