FUJIFILM announces new long zoom S-series all-in-one bridge cameras that give consumers maximum versatility and performance
New S-Series cameras combine long zooms, fast autofocus speeds and powerful features for step-up photography consumers
Valhalla, N.Y., January 7, 2013 – FUJIFILM North America Corporation announces its newest S-Series all-in-one bridge cameras, highly-regarded for their precision FUJINON lenses and simple, compact designs. The new cameras also feature improved CMOS sensors, advanced processing power and amazing optics to give consumers a great selection of long zoom, yet easy to use digital cameras.
The new S-Series collection features two models – the S8200 and S8300 that each boast fast apertures of F2.9 to F6.5, an amazing Optical Image Stabilization system for excellent blur reduction, and genuine FUJINON long zoom lenses with 40x optical (S8200) and 42x optical (S8300) zoom options.
“The new FinePix S-Series long zoom bridge cameras have an all-in-one compact design and deliver extraordinary performance and high resolution image quality that all photography enthusiasts and step-up consumers can appreciate” said David Troy, director of marketing, Digital Cameras, Electronic Imaging Division, FUJIFILM North America Corporation. “These cameras strike the perfect balance between advanced performance, ease of use and the ability to capture remarkable images at amazing distances – perfect for every family event.”
Powerful Optical Zoom and Potent Optical Image Stabilization
The FinePix S-Series offers the following wide range of focal lengths for maximum versatility:
- FinePix S8200 – 40x zoom (24-960mm)
- FinePix S8300 – 42x zoom (24-1,008mm)
The FinePix S-Series each use a superb FUJINON lens that consist of 17 elements in 12 groups, and combine aspherical and ED elements that help to reduce aberrations and promote a superior level of image quality. Each of these new bridge cameras are also capable of a Super Macro mode for users to get as close as 0.39” from a subject for great close-up shots.
Fast Autofocus and Quick Response Times
The S-Series cameras each have an impressive 16MP 1/2.3-inch BSI-CMOS sensor that captures excellent quality, low noise shots at sensitivities as high as ISO 12800. With autofocus speeds of 0.3 seconds*1, start-up times of 1.0 seconds*2, a 0.5 seconds*2 interval between shots and a continuous shooting speed of 10fps (max 10 frames at full resolution)*2, users can feel confident about capturing a fast-action shot. And with their ultra-high-speed shooting of up to 60fps (max 60 frames, image size 1280 × 960) and up to 120fps (max 60 frames, image size 640 × 480), the S-Series lets users capture the action in slow-motion for advanced photography.
Easy to Use
The S-Series cameras have an easy to use Mode Dial for shooting selection, dual zoom control for speed and precision zooming, and a bright 3.0” LCD screen (460K-dot) and electronic view finder (EVF) with 200K-dot resolution for easy viewing and image framing.
Full HD movie 1080i/60fps with Stereo Sound
The FinePix S-Series make movie recording as easy as taking pictures using the dedicated movie button to start recording instantly. The high resolution, 1080i movie capture at 60fps with stereo sound and slow-motion capture at 480fps*2 is superb when played back on HDTV screens, and users can even take still photos during video recording. The FinePix S-Series also adds a number of in-camera movie editing features including “movie trimming” and “movie join.”
Artistic shooting effects
The FinePix S-Series uses advanced in-camera filters that bring creative photography to life. The S-Series artistic effects include:
- Pop color – emphasizes contrast and color saturation
- Toy camera – create shaded borders as if you were taking a photo on a toy camera
- Miniature effect*4 – blurs the top and bottom of the frame for a diorama effect
- Partial color – retain one selected original color and change the rest of the photo to black and white
- Cross screen*4 – creates starbursts around bright objects
- Soft Focus – create a look that is evenly soft throughout the whole image
FinePix S-Series key features:
- FUJINON super zoom Lens (24mm wide-angle, fast apertures of F2.9 to F6.5)
- 1/2.3inch 16MP BSI-CMOS sensor
- Autofocus speed of 0.3 second*1 in fastest conditions
- Continuous shooting; 10fps (max 10frames, full resolution), 60fps (max 60 frames, image size 1280 × 960) ,120fps (max 60 frames, image size 640 × 480)
- Start-up time of 1.0 second
- Shooting interval time of 0.5 second
- Full HD movie 1080i/60 fps with stereo sound and slow-motion capture at 480fps*3
- Bright 3.0” LCD screen (460K-dot)
- Electronic viewfinder (200K-dot)
- Super Macro to 0.39”
- Manual exposure control (P/S/A/M modes)
- Dual zoom control
- Advanced Filters
- Instant zoom and Zoom Bracketing
- 4×AA alkaline batteries with approximately 300 shot battery life
*1 35mm format equivalent
*2 FUJIFILM research based on CIPA standards
*3 High Speed Movie can be recorded at the following speeds and sizes: 480fps (320 x 120 pixels), 240fps (320 x 240 pixels), 120fps (640 x 480 pixels)
*4 Only in post shooting view
Pricing and Availability
The FinePix S-Series will be available March 2013 at the price of $299.95 (S8200) and $309.95 (S8300).