- Model Name: Fujifilm Fujinon XF 23mm F2 R WR
- Release Date:August 25, 2016
- Focus Type: Autofocus / Manual
- Format : APS-C / Crop Sensor
- Mounts: Fuji -XF
- Color: Black, Silver
- Availability: September 2016
- Price: $449
- Purchase options: Adorama | B&H | Amazon
- FUJIFILM X-Mount is compatible with all FUJIFILM X Series interchangeable system cameras
- Weather-resistant design capable of operating at temperatures as low as 14°F / -10°C
- 10 elements in 6 groups with 2 aspherical elements
- Super EBC (Super Electron Beam Coating) ensures high performance by reducing both flare and ghosting
- 9 blade aperture creates smooth and circular bokeh
- Minimum working distance of less than 9 inches
- Fast and silent autofocus of 0.05 seconds
- Compatible with the vented metal hood “LH-XF35-2” (also compatible with the XF35mmF2 R WR).
FUJINON XF23mmF2 R WR, a compact, weather and dust-resistant wide-angle lens weighing just 180g. The new lens joins the lineup of X Series digital camera lenses known for their outstanding image quality. The XF23mmF2 R WR has a highly versatile focal length (35mm in 35mm format equivalent), covering a range of subjects from snapshots to landscapes and portraits. Its compact, lightweight design and high-speed autofocus (AF) capability allow users to enjoy taking pictures quickly and easily.
The XF23mmF2 R WR gives users advanced image resolution, capable of drawing out the full performance of the proprietary Fujifilm X-TRANS CMOS sensor. It has a similar size and design to the existing XF35mmF2, adding to a stylish collection of compact lenses. The inner-focus AF system uses a stepping motor to drive lightweight focusing elements for silent and fast autofocus. When combined with the phase detection AF system of the FUJIFILM X-Pro2 and X-T2, the lens can focus in an astonishing 0.05 seconds.
The metal exterior gives users a feeling of premium quality and robustness, and the aperture ring and focus ring have been designed with just the right amount of clicking and torque for optimum feedback and operability. The lens is weather and dust resistant and operates at temperatures as low as 14°F / -10°C, making it an ideal choice for outdoor photography.