- Model name: Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS
- Release Date: Dec 2013
- Focus Type: Autofocus / Manual
- Format : APS-C / Crop Sensor
- Mounts: Fuji X
- Availability: March 2014
- Price: $999.95
- Purchase options: B&H | DigitalRev
- Newly designed optical system with 4 high-precision aspherical lenses and 3 extra low dispersion glass lenses which maximize performance of the X-Trans sensor.
- A powerful Optical Image Stabilisation function which boosts the ability to work handheld when shooting in low light.
- Ghosting is minimized by Fujifilm’s unique HT-EBC* multi-layer coating that is applied to all sides of Fujinon lenses.
- An additional newly developed coating has been added to the reverse side of the front lens in the XF10-24 composition to further reduce the ghosting that typically occurs when using deep concave lenses.
- Enhanced resolving power at all apertures when used in-conjunction with an X-series camera** that incorporates a Lens Modulation Optimizer (LMO) function.
- Seven-blade aperture diaphragm that helps to create smooth and round bokeh effects.
- The ability to shoot at an aperture of F4.0 from the lens’ ultra-wide 15mm focal length to its longest at 36mm.
- A minimum working distance of 24cm means that with macro photography you can capture both the small foreground detail and the wider surroundings to give your subject greater context.
- Its high-speed AF is achieved via its inner focusing system which drives smaller lenses in the middle or rear lens groups without moving the larger lenses in the front lens groups
- Thanks to light weight internal lenses and the addition of a stepping motor, the XF10-24mm lens is also very quiet to use.
- With its precision-made, responsive, and finely-tuned metal aperture and focus rings, you are ensured a superb handling experience.
Fujifilm has introduced the XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Lens, an ultra-wide angle zoom for X system mirrorless cameras, equivalent to 15-36mm on full frame, and incorporates optical image stabilisation to reduce camera shake at slow shutter speeds when shooting hand-held. The lens features an aperture control ring on the barrel, and is compatible with the company’s Lens Modulation Optimizer for more detailed out-of-camera JPEG files when shooting at small apertures. Addition of Fujinon XF10-24mmF4 R OIS extended X mount series focal length options ranging from 15mm to 350mm (in 35mm equivalent). It’ll be available from March 2014 @ $999.95 / £849.99.
Sample Images on Flickr
Fujinon XF10-24mmF4 R OIS lens on Fujifilm X-Pro1
|Lens Type||XF10-24mmF4 R OIS|
|Construction||14 elements in 10 groups (includes 4 aspherical and 3 extra low dispersion elements)|
|Focal length(35mm format equivalent)||f=10 – 24mm(15 – 36mm)|
|Angle of view||110° – 61.2°|
|Focus range||Normal0.5m – ∞Macro 24cm – 3m|
|Maximum. magnification||0.16x (Telephoto)|
|External dimensions : Diameter x Length* (approx.)* distance from camera lens mount flange||ø78.0mm x 87mm(Wide) / 87mm(Telephoto)|
|Weight* (approx.)*excluding caps and hoods||410g|