- Apodisation filter delivers more creative portraits
- Film-like effects with the Film Simulation function
- High build quality and comfortable operation
The FUJINON XF56mmF1.2 R APD is an autofocus lens for digital cameras with APS-C size sensors and provides a focal length equivalent to 85mm*1. The lens has a maximum aperture of F1.2 making it the world’s brightest autofocus lens for digital cameras with an APS-C sensor. In addition, the new apodising filter makes it the perfect choice for portraiture, with every strand of hair visible and a unique bokeh effect.
This lens is highly portable. When attached to an X Series camera body, it weighs about half*2 as much as a single-lens reflex camera with a lens of the same focal length and F value, plus it’s quick to use thanks to the high-speed, quiet autofocus.
It produces not only beautiful bokeh part, but also maintain the sharpness with accurate focusing even in a shallow depth-of -field. This is a huge advantage of Mirrorless system over SLR thanks to focusing on image sensor itself rather than on separate PD sensor. The shutter on X Series bodies is equally quiet, so it’s easy to capture more natural shots of subjects.
Apodisation filter delivers more creative portraits
- The XF56mm F1.2 R APD offers brilliant levels of sharpness even when shooting with the aperture at F1.2. In addition, the apodisation filter smoothes the bokeh’s outlines. This combination of image sharpness and beautiful bokeh delivers portraits with a three-dimensional feel.
- An optical construction of 11 glass elements in eight groups, including one aspherical glass moulded lens element and two extra low dispersion lens elements has been used. Spherical aberrations are corrected by the aspherical glass element to deliver high resolution at the maximum aperture setting. Additionally, thanks to the combination of two extra-low dispersion lens elements and three cemented lens elements, chromatic aberrations are greatly reduced.
- By applying Fujifilm’s unique HT-EBC (High Transmittance Electron Beam Coating) to all lens surfaces, ghosting and flare are controlled for sharp, clear results.
- The lens also makes the most of Fujifilm’s unique X-Trans™ CMOS low pass filter-less sensor for extremely high image quality. Ghosting and flare are controlled even under harsh conditions such as backlighting.
- By combining this lens with an X Series camera body*5 with Lens Modulation Optimizer*4 (LMO) technology, the performance from the lens is improved even further. LMO corrects for diffraction*6 to produce images with edge-to-edge sharpness and create a realistic three-dimensional effect, even at small apertures.
|Type||XF56mmF1.2 R APD|
|Lens configuration||11 elements in 8 groups *excluding apodization filter
(includes one aspherical lens, two extra-low dispersion lens, apodization filter)
(35mm format equivalent)
|Angle of view||28.5°|
|Aperture control||Number of blades : 7 (rounded diaphragm opening)Step size : 1/3 EV (23 steps)· * 1/2 EV, from max. aperture to next step, only.|
|Focus range||Normal : 0.7m – ∞Macro : 0.7m – 3m|
|External dimensions : Diameter x Length||ø73.2mm x 69.7mm|