- Model name: NikonAF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR II
- Release Date: Jan 2015
- Focus Type: Autofocus / Manual
- Format : APS-C / Crop Sensor
- Mounts: Nikon
- Color: Black
- Availability: Feb 2015
- Price: $349.95
- Purchase options: Amazon | Adorama | B&H
- Compatible with Nikon DX cameras and Nikon FX cameras with DX crop mode.
- Maximum f/4 to 5.6 aperture range corresponds to 55mm to 200mm focal lengths.
- Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) Glass minimizes optical distortion.
- Super Integrated Coating minimizes ghosting and flare while providing high contrast and vivid results.
- Nikon VR II Image Stabilization allows shutter speeds up to 4 stops slower than would otherwise be possible before camera shake becomes apparent within the image.
- Manual Focus Override switch allows user control over focus at any time.
- Rounded, 7-Blade Diaphragm provides smooth, out-of-focus elements and highlights.
- Compact and lightweight design provides ease of transport.
Compact and lightweight, the new retractable design AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR II is great for capturing sports, people or school events, and presents an affordable way to get closer to the action. The lens also features three stops of VR image stabilization 2 and core NIKKOR technologies including a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) that helps ensure quiet and precise AF operation.
|Lens construction||13 elements in 9 groups (1 ED glass element)|
|Angle of view||28°50′ – 8°|
|Minimum focus distance||1.1m (through the entire focal range)|
|Maximum reproduction ratio||0.23x|
|No. of diaphragm blades||7 (rounded)|
|Filter attachment size||52mm|
|Diameter x length (extension from lens mount)||Approximately 70.5 x 83mm (when retracted)|
|Supplied accessories||Snap-on front lens cap LC-52, Rear lens cap|