- Model name: Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED VR
- Release Date: Jan 2015
- Focus Type: Auto/ Manual
- Format : Full Frame / APS-C
- Mounts: Nikon
- Color: Black
- Availability: February, 2015
- Price: $1,999.95
- Purchase ooptions: Amazon | Adorama | B&H
- A fixed focal length telephoto lens with a focal length of 300mm and a maximum aperture of f/4 compatible with Nikon FX-format digital SLR cameras
- The first NIKKOR lens for which a PF (Phase Fresnel) lens element has been adopted, making it the world’s lightest lens of its type
- Equipped with a SPORT VR mode for effective photography of athletes and other subjects that are moving rapidly and unpredictably in addition to a vibration reduction (VR; camera shake compensation equivalent to a 4.5-stop increase in shutter speed) function
- Adoption of a PF (Phase Fresnel) lens element, an ED lens element, and Nano Crystal Coat for superior optical performance with which chromatic aberration and ghost are suppressed
- Capable of expression of the beautiful blur characteristics possible only with a maximum aperture of f/4
- Equipped with an electro-magnetic aperture mechanism that enables stable auto-exposure with high-speed continuous shooting
- Adoption of Nikon’s exclusive and highly durable fluorine coat, which effectively repels water and oils, and makes cleaning the lens easier even when it does get dirty, on the surface of the front lens element
- Among 300mm fixed focal length (prime) AF lenses compatible with 35mm “full-size” format cameras available as of January 6, 2015. Statement based on Nikon research.
- Measured in accordance with CIPA standards in NORMAL mode using an FX-format digital SLR camera.
- PF (Phase Fresnel) lens elements: this telephoto lens delivers great optical performance and boasts a remarkably compact build. Use of a phase Fresnel (PF) lens element noticeably reduces the weight, without degrading image quality.
Nikon has also introduced the AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED VR, the world’s lightest 300mm full-frame fixed focal length AF lens2, which is nearly 30% shorter and 1.5 lbs. lighter than its predecessor. Extremely easy to handle and built to suit the needs of serious photographers in the field, the new 300mm f/4 lens utilizes Phase Fresnel optical technology to help correct chromatic aberration and reduce the overall size and weight of the lens, making it easy to pack for any assignment. Capable of producing tack-sharp images and beautiful background blur at a distance, Nikon’s newest FX-format lens also features four and a half stops of VR image stabilization 3, a VR Sport mode, VR tripod detection as well as several of the latest NIKKOR optical technologies including electromagnetic aperture control, a Silent Wave Motor for quiet AF operation, ED glass for further controlling chromatic aberrations and Nano Crystal Coat for superior image quality.
|Lens construction||16 elements in 10 groups (1 PF and 1 ED glass element)|
|Angle of view||8°10′ [5°20′ with Nikon digital cameras (Nikon DX format)]|
|Minimum focus distance||1.4m|
|Maximum reproduction ratio||0.24x|
|No. of diaphragm blades||9 (rounded)|
|Filter attachment size||77mm|
|Diameter x length (extension from lens mount)||Approximately 89 x 147.5mm|
|Supplied accessories||Front lens cap LC-77, Rear lens cap LF-4, Lens Hood HB-73, Lens Case CL-M3|