- 4K UHD Video Recording: Record true 4K video for 4X the resolution and details of Full HD. With HEVC (H.265) support, capture extreme details using half the storage space typically used for HD recording.
- NX Autofocus System III: The NX500 has the power to capture life’s precious moments in amazing detail, thanks to an exceptionally fast NX Autofocus System III that features hybrid auto focus. It has the perfect combo of speed and accuracy.
- 28MP BSI APS-C Sensor: The NX500 uses the world’s first 28MP, BSI APS/C size image sensor. At 28MP of resolution, it is the highest resolution APS/C size sensor available. Compared to front side illumination (FSI), its back side illumination technology (BSI) allows more light to reach the sensor, resulting in lower noise and improved image detail
- DRIMe V Processor: The DRIMe V is Samsung’s fastest, most powerful image processor yet. It has the speed, performance and accuracy for photos and video in a variety of shooting conditions.
- Photo Shot: Samsung Auto Shot uses a predictive algorithm to track movement and automatically trigger the shutter at just the right moment.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth: The NX500 supports the advanced Wi-Fi 802.11n for remote control and instant transfers of high-res photos and videos. Together with Bluetooth® and NFC, you get fast connectivity for easy sharing.
- DUAL Dial and Hybrid UI: Two independent command dials and a hybrid UI that includes both a touch screen and a range of buttons provide quick and easy access to your key settings on thefly.
- Ergonomic Design: The NX500 fits beautifully in the palm of your hand, and features a slanted shutter button that is easy to press. It gives you the perfect combination of steadiness and ergonomics for great shots.
- Tilt/Flip/Rotate Screen: You can tilt the 3-inch display 90° and rotate it 180°, and with a Full VGA AMOLED screen, you’ll always see the shot clearly even outdoors in bright sunlight.
- 9fps Continuous Shooting: With continuous shooting, you can capture a burst of images at 9 frames per second. And with the advanced AF system, it continuously focuses so you don’t lose detail as the subject moves.
- Fast 1/6000s Shutter Speed: Precious moments can come and go in an instant. With a fast shutter speed of 1/6000 of a second, the NX500 can freeze and capture fast moving subjects with clarity.
- SO 100-25600: The NX500 shoots up to ISO 25600, making it very sensitive to light. That means you can take great shots in tricky lighting indoors or even outside at night, with minimal noise or blur.
- Low Light Performance: Thanks to a truly innovative technology called Adaptive Noise Reduction, the NX500 is capable of producing crystal clear images virtually free of noise, evenset at a high ISO of 25600.
- Time-lapsed Photography: Take time-lapse shots like a pro. Capture clouds moving or a flower blooming in high-res stills. You can adjust the interval between 1 second and 24 hours, and it even converts the stills to UHD quality video.
MONACO – February 5, 2015 – Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, today announced the launch of its new NX500, combining industry-leading design and technology for everyday use, with the capabilities that professional photographers can rely on. Featuring advanced technology such as high resolution 28MP BSI APS-C sensors, 4K and UHD video recording, a best in class DRIMeV image processor, NX AF system III, and Samsung Auto Shot, the NX500 has the core functionality of the NX1 engineered into a portable and convenient size. Updated connectivity via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi provide users with an advanced wireless experience, as well as the ability to seamlessly shoot and share their captured experiences.
“We recognize the importance of the photograph and being able to capture and share the perfect moment from wherever you are. That’s why Samsung has built a camera suitable for everyday photographers,” said Sangmoo Kim, Senior Vice President of IT & Mobile Communication at Samsung Electronics. “The compact size of the NX500 and its revolutionary shooting and focus speed allows consumers to enjoy superb image quality. We’re redefining what is possible for people who aren’t professional photographers, and offering everyone the ability to capture their signature moments in every shot.”
Superior image quality – 28MP Still and 4K Video
The NX500 guarantees superb image quality and vivid photographs, regardless of the shooting scenario or subject matter. With its ultra-high resolution 28MP Back Side Illumination APS-C sensor, NX500 has the ability to take the perfect shot, even in low light situations. It also supports both 4K and UHD video recording, utilizing BSI APS-C sensors, the largest BSI sensor currently available, which provides more flexibility when it comes to capturing movies.
The built-in HEVC Codec, the most advanced compression technology available, brings efficiency to the storage of video clips by compressing high quality video to half the size and the bit rate of H.264 footage, without any compromise on quality. Additionally, still images captured from Interval Capture mode can easily be transformed into a UHD Time-lapse video directly on the camera, without the need to transfer images to a PC.
The NX500 is equipped with a DRIMeV processor, which is much faster than its predecessor. This feature boasts superior color reproduction, improved noise reduction and enhanced image quality, providing users with results that serious photographers crave. Combined with an innovative 28MP sensor and Hybrid AF system, users can capture even the briefest of moments by simply focusing and shooting immediately, allowing for extreme speed and flexibility. Additionally, 9FPS continuous shooting means NX500 users can easily monitor and capture ongoing action shots. Further enhancing the NX500’s action capture capability, the Samsung Auto Shot (SAS) feature uses motion detection to accurately predict when to capture the perfect shot in difficult scenarios, such as when a child fields a baseball.
Ergonomic design and functional connectivity
The ergonomic design of the palm-sized NX500 allows users to carry the camera with a comfortable grasp at all times. With a Tilt and Flip up function, as well as bright vision through the display, users can easily take the perfect selfie. Also, the NX500 provides seamless wireless set-up with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC. With its outstanding data transfer speed and Bluetooth functionality, users can send both large images and video files swiftly to other smartphones and tablets.
Pricing & avaialbility