- Model Name: Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport Lens – Pro
- Release Date: September 19, 2016
- Focus Type: Autofocus / Manual
- Format : Full Frame
- Mounts: Canon | Nikon | Sigma
- Color: Black
- Availability: Late October 2016
- Price: $5999.00
- Purchase options: Adorama | B&H
- Aperture Range: f/4 to 32
- One SLD and Two FLD Elements
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Hyper Sonic AF Motor, Manual Override
- Optical Stabilizer; Drop-In Filter Slot
- Magensium-Alloy Barrel & Brass Mount
- Dust- and Splash-Proof Construction
- Rotatable Tripod Collar with Click Stops
- Compatible with Sigma Teleconverters
Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport Lens – Pro Fast-Aperture Prime Super Telephoto. The flagship Sigma super telephoto 500mm F4 Sport lens incorporates the very latest in Sigma optical technology and innovation. Designed for the professional sports and wildlife shooter, the ultra-durable lens features magnesium alloy components, a carbon fiber hood, a water and oil resistant front element, and is dust and splash proof. The 500mm F4 features a drop-in rear filter slot for polarizers, UV and other critical filters. To help prevent damage during shooting and maintenance, the lens is also compatible with the exclusive SIGMA Protector LPT-11 (sold separately).
The lens incorporates two FLD and one SLD glass elements, while the optimized power distribution helps minimize spherical aberration and axial chromatic aberration. The optical system also effectively minimizes transverse chromatic aberration, which can affect the edges of the shots taken in the telephoto range. In addition, image quality remains exceptional when the lens is used with a Sigma Telephoto Converter (sold separately).
Other key performance features include Sigma’s two-mode Optical Stabilizer for enhanced performance when shooting handheld for still subjects or panning and tracking for moving subjects. There is also a customizable AF “return” function for setting the focus position of one’s choice and returning to that preset distance. The all new Sigma 500mm F4 supports Canon, Nikon and Sigma mounts. The Nikon mounts feature the brand new electromagnetic diaphragm.