- Model name: Sony SLT-A99V
- Release Date: Sept 12, 2012
- Focus Type: Autofocus / Manual
- Color: Black
- Availability: Oct 2012
- Price: $800
- Purchase options: Adorama | B&H | Amazon
Sony’s long awaited α99 digital camera sets a new performance standard for professional-class DSLRs, combining all of the benefits of full-frame imaging with the responsiveness and speed of Translucent Mirror Technology.
The successor to Sony’s flagship α900 DSLR, the α99 camera features a brand new 24.3 MP full-frame image sensor, a unique dual phase-detect AF system and a host of other innovative technologies that work together to deliver the best image and full HD video quality in the history of Sony’s acclaimed line of α cameras.
“The new α99 camera is the ultimate combination of Sony’s expertise and rich history of image sensor production coupled with our truly innovative approach to camera design” said Mike Kahn, director of the alpha interchangeable lens camera division at Sony. “It redefines what can be accomplished with a full frame DSLR camera.”
New Levels of Imaging Performance and Response
The flagship α99 model combines its new 24.3 effective megapixel Exmor® CMOS sensor with a highly advanced BIONZ image processing engine, delivering unprecedented levels of performance in both still and video shooting.
The full frame sensor is enhanced by a newly-developed separate multi-segment optional low-pass filter, increasing its resolving power. Assisted by an all-new front-end LSI, the BIONZ engine can process massive amounts of image signal data from the sensor at very high speeds. Together with a powerful new area-specific noise reduction (NR) algorithm, it allows to the camera to achieve 14-bit RAW output, rich gradation and low noise.
The evolved BIONZ processor also gives the α99 model a maximum sensitivity range (in expanded sensitivity mode) as wide as ISO50 – 25600 – a range of nine stops. Its unprecedented processing power enables the camera to shoot a burst of images at up to six frames per second at full resolution or up to 10 fps in Tele-zoom high speed shooting mode.
The new α99 digital camera features a unique dual AF system, a world’s first for digital cameras. This camera’s main focusing system – a 19-point AF system with 11 cross sensors – is complemented by a 102-point focal plane phase-detection AF sensor overlaying the main image sensor. Harnessing the power of Translucent Mirror Technology, light is passed to both phase-detection AF sensors simultaneously and continually, measuring subject distance and position more completely than other cameras. This unique Dual AF System permits ultra-fast, accurate autofocusing that maintains tracking focus even if a subject temporarily leaves the frame.
The AF-D (depth) continuous autofocus mode* utilizes the Dual AF system for wider and more dense coverage of the frame, significantly improving AF performance with fast or erratically moving subjects against complex backgrounds. Additionally, during movie shooting, AF Duration control provides reliable depth focusing information and ensures that the camera maintains proper focus on its subject when objects or people cross the focal plane.
A new AF range control allows photographers to manually select foreground and background distance to which the AF system will not respond, especially useful for shooting fast moving sports or animals through a nearby wire mesh or in front of a complex background that commonly distracts camera AF systems.
Crafted for Videographers and Movie-makers
The new α99 camera’s video capabilities build on Sony’s expertise in developing professional motion picture cameras, combining the unmatched resolving power and sensitivity of the full-frame sensor with several advanced features optimized for professional video production.
The flagship α99 model is the first full-frame DSLR to offer Full HD 60p/24p progressive video recording to meet AVCHD™ Version 2.0 specifications and Full-time Continuous AF Movie mode, allowing smooth, non-stop tracking of moving subjects. Other enhancements include real-time Full HD video output via HDMI®, and uninterrupted ‘dual-card’ recording using both of the camera’s media slots.
For added convenience while shooting video, a new silent, programmable multi-control dial on the front of the camera body allows silent adjustment of common settings during shooting including exposure compensation, ISO sensitivity, shutter speed, aperture and much more.
The camera’s audio features are designed to meet the demanding needs of serious videographers. An audio level display and adjustable audio record levels are joined by a headphone jack for accurate in-the-field monitoring. Additionally, the multi-interface shoe provides balance audio input for the optional XLR-K1M adaptor kit, which adds a high-quality mono shotgun microphone and pro-standard XLR connections for dependable audio acquisition.
Uncompromised Handing for Advanced Photographers
The camera’s XGA OLED Tru-Finder™ viewfinder offers 100% frame coverage on the viewfinder screen with exceptional brightness, contrast, clarity and resolution, ensuring a detail-packed view of the desired scene and subject. The unique electronic viewfinder will also maintain a 100% field of view with DT lenses that are optimized for APS-C sensor cameras, converting the angle of view automatically for image recording and display.
Complementing the Tru-Finder EVF is a three-way tiltable 1229k-dot (VGA equivalent) XtraFine LCD™ display with WhiteMagic™ technology to boost overall screen brightness. It’s especially useful for framing and shooting with the LCD in outdoor, sunny conditions.
Despite its impressive pro-class credentials, the α99 camera is the world’s lightest 35 mm full-frame interchangeable-lens digital camera. Constructed of high-rigidity magnesium alloy panels, it weighs in at just 733g (without lens and battery). Translucent Mirror Technology, which eliminates the need for a full-frame moving mirror mechanism and heavy glass pentaprism, also contributes to the extremely light design.
Additionally, the camera is weather-sealed and all buttons and controls have been ruggedized. A redesigned shutter block, tested to approximately 200,000 releases, further ensures the camera’s stamina and reliability.
The camera’s enhanced ergonomics include a re-designed grip and differentiated designs of several switches and buttons that allow for intuitive fingertip operation. A new exposure mode dial lock prevents accidental rotation, and a newly-developed Quick Navi Pro interface gives quick, intuitive one-handed access to common shooting parameters and controls.
The new model can also be operated via remote PC connection. Supported functions include switching between still and video shooting plus automatic transfer of still images from camera to PC for an improved studio workflow.
Designed for Professionals: New α Lens and Accessories
The full-frame imaging capabilities of the α99 camera make it an ideal partner for the new 300mm F2.8 G SSM II (SAL300F28G2) lens. Designed for demanding sports and wildlife applications, this bright super-telephoto offers a significantly improved optical design and handling compared with its predecessor. The Sony-developed Nano AR Coating assures flawless still images and HD video with reduced flare and ghosting, offering enhanced contrast. Further, a new LSI drive circuit offers faster, more accurate autofocus with enhanced subject tracking. The new lens is also dust- and moisture-resistant, making it an ideal candidate for the toughest outdoor shooting assignments.
Additionally, a new wide-aperture Carl Zeiss® A-mount prime lens is now under development. Optimized for superb results with the camera’s new 35mm full frame image sensor, the Planar T* 50mm F1.4 ZA SSM will be available next spring.
Offered exclusively for the α99 camera, the brand-new VG-C99AM vertical grip can house and manage three batteries in total (including the camera’s own on-board battery). Resistant to dust and moisture, the grip is ideal for lengthy shooting sessions in the studio or outdoors.
The brand new, range-leading HVL-F60M is a powerful flash (GN60, in meters at ISO 100) with built-in LED light that’s ideal for creative applications with still image or movie shooting. Smart functions include wireless multi-flash ratio control and Sony’s unique Quick Shift Bounce adjustment, while operation can be controlled quickly via the flash’s intuitive Quick Navi system. Also resistant to dust and moisture, the HVL-F60M flash comes supplied with a bounce adaptor for flash and a color conversion filter for use with LED lighting.
Compatible with 49mm and 55mm diameter lenses, the new HVL-RL1 Ring Light offers highly effective LED illumination of small subjects and is ideal for macro shooting**. Its high output level (approx. 700 lx/0.3m) is approximately four times brighter than the previous model, and operation can be switched between full-ring illumination and half-ring illumination.
The new XLR-K1M XLR Adaptor Kit is designed to meet the most demanding audio needs. It provides two pro-standard XLR terminals for connecting the α99 camera with professional microphones and mixing consoles and offers MIC/LINE input selection and separate adjustment of two channel levels to maximize operating flexibility. The adaptor kit comes supplied with Sony professional ECM-XM1 monaural shotgun microphone, but may also be used with a wide range of professional microphones. An optional bracket is required when using the XLR-K1M kit with the α99 model.
The RMT-DSLR2 Remote Commander allows wireless shutter release for still images and start/stop control of video shooting. It’s compatible with the new α99 models as well as other α A-mount and E-mount cameras that include a remote control receiver.
Styled to reduce carrying fatigue, the new LCS-BP3 Backpack can hold the α99 camera body, an attached telephoto zoom lens plus the VG-A99AM vertical grip as well as three to four spare lenses, accessories and a laptop up to 15.5”.
The ADP-MAA is a new shoe adaptor that allows Multi Interface Shoe cameras to be used with Auto-lock Accessory Shoe accessories. This adaptor will be supplied with the new HVL-60M flash and HVL-RL1 ring light mentioned above. Conversely, the ADP-AMA shoe adaptor allows Auto-lock Accessory Shoe cameras to be used with Multi Interface Shoe accessories.
Lastly, the PCK-LM14 Screen Protector Semi Hard Sheet safeguards the camera’s LCD screen against dust, scratches and fingerprints, and is supplied with a separate protector sheet for the top display panel.
Sony’s new SDXC memory UHS-1 memory card, SF-64UX (64 GB) is ideal for burst shooting with the α99. It’s ultra-high speed interface (UHS-1) compatibility offers high transfer speeds up to 94 MB/s (read) and rapid data rates when transferring large RAW files of video files to PC. The new cards are water-resistant and designed to perform under a wide range of operating temperatures. For additional data integrity, Sony’s File Rescue Software can help recover photos and videos that may have been accidentally deleted.
- 24.3MP Exmor Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- The 24.3MP full-frame Exmor CMOS sensor provides a high level of image quality and additional low-light sensitivity benefits. This sensor allows for an extended ISO range from 100 to 25600 while effectively reducing noise at higher sensitivities. This combination of sensitivity and reduced noise make this camera ideal for use for action photography indoors or at night.
- Dual Autofocus System
- Utilizing the Translucent Mirror technology, the autofocus system is able to continuously monitor the image frame and alter the autofocus quickly and responsively. Two phase contrast sensors, a 19-point sensor above the translucent mirror and a 102-point focal plane phase detection sensor, work together to deliver greatly improved subject tracking performance and increased precision.
- Full HD Video Recording
- Full HD 1080p recording is supported with this camera and also makes use of the high-speed Translucent Mirror Technology for continuous autofocus, even while using Live View to monitor your shooting. The AVCHD format is used and allows recording of 60 frames per second (60p) for outstanding clarity and motion detail. Additionally, the 24p frame rate is supported allowing you to create movies with a more cinematic feel. For even greater control over video recording, P/A/S/M manual shooting modes, selection of ISO from 100 to 6400, and Picture Effects are available.
- Xtra Fine LCD
- The rear 3.0″ LCD features Sony’s TruBlack technology for increased clarity and resistance to reflections. It has a 1,228,000-dot resolution for sharp, vivid imagery when reviewing images or monitoring your recording while using Live View. The monitor also features Shot Result Preview, for previewing the effects of your camera’s settings before the exposure is made. For even greater viewing possibilities while shooting, the screen is able to tilt up to 180° vertically and rotate up to 270° horizontally. The range of movements and reflection protection give you a wide variety of possibilities for viewing from difficult angles and lighting conditions.
- BIONZ Image Processor
- The enhanced BIONZ image processor easily handles the large 14-bit data generated by the full-frame sensor to deliver fast speeds and performance. It offers significantly reduced write times. The increased power afforded by this processor allows increased noise reduction and richly detailed gradations throughout the entire dynamic range.
- SteadyShot INSIDE Image Stabilization
- This camera features Sony’s SteadyShot technology for image stabilization within the camera. By reducing camera shake at the camera level you can achieve shake compensation up to 2.5-4.5 stops in shutter speed. This technology is compatible with any Sony Alpha lens.
- Lens Shading and Aberration Compensation
- Depending on the Sony lenses you mount to the A99, the camera will compensate for its unique handling of the images you shoot through it. Shading, or vignetting, caused by the lens will be corrected, and aberrations like ghosting, distortion and chromatic aberration will be compensated for each unique lens attached – providing ideal compatibility from one to the next.
- 6 Frames per Second Continuous Shooting
- Full-frame images can be captured at 6fps with the dual AF system. When using the Tele-zoom High Speed Shooting mode, up to 10fps can be recorded while magnifying the center of your image by 1.46x. This cropping limits your image resolution somewhat and brings your subject closer for tighter compositions.
- Tru-Finder OLED Electronic Viewfinder
- The Tru-Finder EVF is a high resolution finder featuring a 1,440K-dot resolution, a 100% field of view, and a wide 31.9° viewing angle. It delivers a bright, clear image in almost any lighting conditions, including bright sunlight. This finder displays image information regarding exposure settings and modes, and Shot Result Preview allows you to preview the effects of exposure control, white balance modifications, and other creative modes before making an exposure. You can also review photos and video after you’ve captured it. Adjustable finder magnification gives you the choice between 1.04x and 0.97x, permitting you to see the entire frame while wearing glasses.
- Area-Specific Noise Reduction
- The noise reduction system used by the A99 divides your images into various parts based on their patterns including edges, textures and gradients. It then processes these areas using the best and most appropriate settings to optimize image quality, and reduce noise. This is all in addition to the conventional noise reduction techniques employed by the camera, and helps to produce images with low noise throughout the wide 9-stop ISO range of 100 to 25600, and expanded to include ISO 50.
- Quiet Multi Control Dial
- The combination of a button within a smooth twisting dial allows you to adjust photo, video or audio settings without producing audible clicks or vibrations that may be heard while recording. You’ll find this dial built into the front of the camera body, below the lens release button, and is kept right at your fingertips when holding the camera in both hands.
- Dirt, Dust and Moisture Protection
- The A99 employs comprehensive dust and moisture resistance that contributes to its high reliability and long life. Sony tightly interlocked the camera’s panels and components, added sealing around most of its buttons and dials, and placed gaskets along the edges of the viewfinder and LCDs (both top and rear) in order to help prevent water and dust from entering the body during rough conditions. Jack covers are fitted with rubber-based covers for better sealing and are organized by function in order to minimize unnecessary opening and closing. The front section of the accessory shoe is also constructed of highly dust and water resistant parts.
- Sensor Cleaning System
- Should dust particles enter the camera when the lens is being changed, two levels of internal protection safeguard the image sensor. The first is a newly developed coating applied to the surface of the optical low-pass filter. This highly effective anti-dust coating effectively suppresses the attachment of both dry and moist dust particles, simplifying their removal. The second level of protection is an anti-dust vibration mechanism that vibrates the filter at high speed every time the camera is switched off in order to dislodge any dust particles that settled on its surface.
- 1200-Zone Evaluative Metering
- An advanced evaluative metering sensor with 1200 zones ensures you capture balanced exposures in a wide range of lighting conditions, as well as accurate subject recognition when tracking subjects. Choose between the available Multi segment, Center weighted and Spot metering modes.
- Two-Axis White Balance
- Enabling finer white balance adjustment than auto white balance is capable of, you can adjust white balance using amber to blue and green to magenta spectrums in order to achieve more true-to-life color using almost any kind of light source.
- Auto HDR
- When this mode is selected, three separate bracketed exposures are made at a time and then automatically composited into a single file. This resulting file represents the longest range of tones in highlights, mid-tones, and shadows. Unlike traditional high dynamic range capture, this mode does not require the use of a tripod and simplifies the entire process into a simple, in-camera function.
- Auto Portrait Framing
- Auto Portrait Framing automatically creates compositions revolving around your portrait subjects and artfully crops your image based on the rule of thirds, where your portrait is located within the frame, exposure on your subject, and the direction he or she is looking. Face Detection, Smile Shutter, and Face Recognition modes are used in conjunction with Auto Portrait Framing for creating the best portraiture possible in a highly efficient manner. This mode utilizes the Clear Image Zoom function and automatically creates a second image file based on these considerations.
- Multi Frame NR and Hand-Held Twilight
- Similar in theory to an HDR image, Multi Frame NR and Hand-held Twilight feature a noise reduction technology that automatically composites 6 different images into one file for a reduction in noise up to 2 ISO stops. Once you have selected your desired settings, you can create extremely low light images with confidence. The camera combines these 6 exposures to provide a gain in brightness without the increased noise that is associated with higher sensitivity levels. Since the initial exposure length is also shorter, you can easily handhold for shots that are sharp regardless of the ambient lighting.
- Built-In GPS for Geotagging
- The A99’s built-in GPS feature tags your photos with global positioning data that indicates where and when they were taken, so you don’t have to. When you view tagged photographs on a PC installed with PMB software, or on a connected BRAVIA TV with its Photo Map function, the photos are displayed on a map to indicate where they were taken. A highly sensitive antenna in the camera ensures clear GPS reception wherever your photography takes you.
- Picture Effects
- A variety of picture effects are supported for in-camera image-processing and creative applications. These effects include HDR Painting, Soft Focus, Miniature, Soft High-key, Pop Color, Partial Color (Red, Green, Blue, Yellow), Rich-tone Monochrome, Toy Camera, High Contrast Monochrome, Posterization (Color), Posterization (Black & White), and Retro Photo. They are available for both photo and video recording.
|Lens Compatibility||Sony A-mount lenses, operation with Minolta/Konica Minolta lenses confirmed|
|Camera Type||Sony A-mount interchangeable-lens digital camera|
|Sensor||Imaging Sensor: “Exmor” CMOS sensor (35.8 x 23.9mm)|
Anti Dust: Charge protection coating on low-pass filter and image sensor shift mechanism
Pixel Gross: Approx. 24.7 megapixels
Effective Picture Resolution: Approx. 24.3 megapixels
Focal Length Conversion Factor: 1.5x
Color Filter System: RGB primary color filters
|Media Type||Memory Stick PRO Duo /Pro-HG Duo media; SD, SDHC and SDXC memory card|
|Color Space||sRGB, Adobe RGB|
|Still Image Mode||JPEG (Standard, Fine, Extra Fine), RAW, RAW+JPEG|
|Still Image Size 16:9||35mm full frame|
L: 6000 x 3376 (20M)
M: 3936 x 2216 (8.7M)
S: 2640 x 1488 (3.9M)APS-C
L: 3936 x 2216 (8.7M)
M: 2640 x 1488 (3.9M)
S: 1728 x 976 (1.7M)
|Still Image Size 3:2||35mm full frame|
L: 6000 x 4000 (24M)
M: 3936 x 2624 (10M)
S: 2640 x 1760 (4.6M)APS-C
L: 3936 x 2624 (10M)
M: 2640 x 1760 (4.6M)
S: 1728 x 1152 (2.0M)
|Panorama Still Image Size||Wide:|
Horizontal 12,416 x 1,856 (23M)
Vertical 5,536 x 2,160 (12M)Standard:
Horizontal 8,192 x 1,856 (15M)
Vertical 3,872 x 2,160 (8.4M)
|Video Format||AVCHD Ver. 2.0 (Progressive), AVCHD, MP4|
PS – 1920 x 1080/60p@28Mbps
FX – 1920 x 1080/60i@24Mbps
FH – 1920 x 1080/60i@17Mbps
FX – 1920 x 1080/24p@24Mbps
FH – 1920 x 1080/24p@17MbpsMP4:
HD – 1440 x 1080/ 30p@12Mbps
VGA – 640 x 480/ 30p@3Mbps
|Dual Record||Simult. Rec (Still,Movie), Simult. Rec (Still/Movie), Sort (JPEG/RAW), Sort (Still/Movie), Copy|
|Audio Format||Dolby Digital (AC-3) / MPEG-4 AAC-LC, 2ch|
|Microphone/Speaker||Built-in stereo microphone or ECM-ALST1 (with supplied shoe adaptor) / ECM-CG50 / XLR-K1M (sold separately). Built-in, monaural, Volume settings in 8 steps between 0 and 7|
|Still Image File Format||JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver. 2.3, MPF baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format), RAW & JPEG|
|Digital Zoom||Still images: 4x Movie: 4x|
|Smart Zoom Technology||M: approx. 1.5x, S: approx. 2.3x|
|Viewfinder||Type: 1.3 cm (0.5 type) electronic viewfinder (color) (2,359k dots)|
Diopter Adjustment: -4.0 to +3.0m-1
Magnification: Approx. 0.71 x (with 50mm lens at infinity, -1m-1)
|LCD||LCD Type: 7.5 cm (3.0 type) TFT drive (1,228,800 dots)|
Brightness Control: Auto, Manual (5 steps between -2 to +2), Sunny Weather
Real-time image adjustment display: Yes(On/Off)
Peaking: Yes (Level setting: High/Mid/Low/Off, Color: White/Red/Yellow)
Customization Graphic Display, Display All Info., No Disp. Info., Digital Level Gauge, Histogram, Shooting Info
Angle Adjustment: Tilt angle: 140° up and 180° down / Rotation angle: 180° clockwise and 90° counterclockwise
|Focus||Focus System: TTL Phase-detection AF (CCD line sensors and Focal Plane Phase Detection sensors)|
Focus Points: Detector 1: 19 points (11 points cross type), Detector 2: 102 assist points
AF Modes Single-shot AF (AF-S), Automatic AF (AF-A), Contin. AF(AF-C), Depth Map Assist Contin. AF (AF-D) selectable
Focus Area: Wide (auto, 19 points)/Zone/Spot/Local selectable
Focus Sensitivity: EV -1 to 18 EV (at ISO100 equiv, with F2.8 lens attached)
|Focus Features||Predictive control (AF-A, AF-C), Focus Lock, Eye-start AF|
|Focus AF Illuminator||Built-in, LED type (range approx. 3.3 to 23 ft (1-7m))|
|Metering||1200-zone evaluative metering|
|Metering Modes||Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot|
|Metering Sensitivity||-2 to 17 EV (at ISO 100 equivalent with f/1.4 lens)|
|Exposure Compensation||+/-5.0 EV (1/3EV, 1/2EV steps selectable)|
|Exposure Settings||AUTO (iAUTO, Superior Auto), Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority (A), Shutterspeed priority (S), Manual (M), Scene Selection, Sweep Panorama, Tele-zoom Continuous Advance Priority AE, Movie (Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority (A) / Shutter-speed priority (S) / Manual (M) selectable in manual focus mode)|
|Scene Mode(s)||Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sports action, Sunset, Night portrait, Night View, Handheld Twilight|
|Auto Exposure Lock||Yes with AE lock button (AE also locked when focus is locked in a multi-segment metering mode).|
|Color Temperature||Manual (5 steps)|
|Creative Style||Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn leaves, Black & White, Sepia (Contrast (-3 to +3 steps), Saturation (-3 to +3 steps), Sharpness (-3 to +3 steps))|
|Exposure Bracketing||Bracket: Cont./Bracket: Single, 3/5 frames (2.0 EV, 3.0 EV : only 3 frames) selectable|
|ISO||Still images: Auto (ISO 100-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit), ISO 100- 25600|
Movies: ISO 100-6400 equivalent; Auto (ISO 100-3200 equivalent)
|Noise Reduction||Long Exposure NR: (On/Off, available at shutter speeds longer than 1 second) High|
ISO NR: (High/Normal/Low/Off)
|White Balance Mode||Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluorescent (Warm White, Cool White, Day White, Daylight), Flash, Color Temperature (2500 to 9900K) & color filter (G7 to M7, A7 to B7) / Custom (3)|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||Tele-zoom Continuous Advance Priority AE: approx. 10/8 fps selectable; Continuous (Hi:35mm full frame: approx. 6 fps APS-C: approx. 7 fps; Lo: 35mm full frame: approx. 2.5 fps APS-C: approx. 2.5 fps)|
|Drive Mode||Single-shot, Continuous shooting (Hi/Lo selectable), Self-timer (10/2 sec delay selectable), Bracket (Continuous/Single/WB/DRO), Remote commander (RMTDSLR2)|
|Flash Sync Speed||1/250 sec.|
|Self-timer||2-sec. or 10-sec. delay|
|Shutter Speeds||Still images: 1/8000 to 30 sec, Bulb|
Movies: 1/8000 to 1/4 (1/3 step), up to 1/60 in AUTO mode (up to 1/30 in Auto Slow Shutter mode)
|Shutter Type||Electronically controlled, vertical-traverse, focal-plane type|
|Flash||Flash Compensation: +/- 3.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps)|
Flash Bracketing: 0.3/0.5/0.7/2.0/3.0 EV steps, 3/5 frames (2.0/3.0 EV : only 3 frames) selectable
Flash Modes: Auto, Fill-flash, Slow Sync., Rear Sync., Hi-speed sync., Red-eye reduction (on/off
|Still Image Playback Options||Single, 4/9-frame index view, Enlarged display mode, Auto Review (10/5/2 sec, off), Image orientation (On/Off selectable), Slideshow, Panorama scrolling, Folder selection, Delete, Protect|
|Video Playback Options||Forward/Rewind (Movie)|
|Easy Handycam/Help Function||Yes|
|Face Detection||On/On (Regist. Faces)/Off (face registration, face selection). Max. 8 faces detectable|
|Features||Smile Shutter technology: Yes|
Tracking Focus: Yes
Audio Level Display: Yes
|Audio I/O||Headphone Jack: Yes (3.5 mm Stereo minijack)|
Microphone Input: Yes (3.5 mm Stereo minijack)
|Accessory Shoe||Yes (with supplied shoe adaptor)|
|HD Output||HDMI mini connector (Type-C)|
BRAVIA Sync (link menu)
|Battery||Battery Type: InfoLITHIUM NP-FM500H (7.2V)|
Number of Still Images: Approx. 410 shots with viewfinder, 500 shots with LCD monitor (CIPA measurement)
Power Consumption (in View Finder Operation): approx. 4.2W (still images, with SAL2470Z lens)
|Dimensions WxHxD||5.8 x 4.4 x 3.1″ (147 x 111.2 x 78.4mm)|
|Weight||1.6 lb (733 g) body only|
1 lb 12.7 oz (812 g) with battery and memory stick