- Model name: Sony FE 24-70mm F4 ZA OSS Carl Zeiss Vario Tessar T*
- Release Date: Oct. 15, 2013
- Focus Type: Autofocus / Manual
- Format : Full Frame / APS-C / Crop Sensor
- Purchase options: Amazon | B&H
- Sony E Mount Full-Frame
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/22
- One ED and Five Aspherical Elements
- Carl Zeiss T* Anti-Reflective Coating
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- Dust and Moisture-Resistant Construction
The new Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* 24-70mm F4 lens combines a versatile 24-70mm focal length with a useful F4 maximum aperture at all focal lengths, making it an ideal lens for portraits, landscapes and every day shooting. The new lens also features Optical SteadyShot® for keeping shots crisp and clear at all focal lengths, even at slower shutter speeds.
The SEL2470Z is designed with five aspherical elements with one ED glass element, assuring images are highly detailed and accurate. Unique to Carl Zeiss, it also features T* coating on optical surface which cuts glare and internal reflections to boost contrast.