- Model Name: Teleconverter 1.4x (Model TC-X14)
- Release Date: September 1, 2016
- Focus Type: Autofocus
- Format : Full Frame
- Availability: September 23, 2016
- Price: $419
- Purchase options: Adorama | B&H
- EF-Mount Teleconverter/Full-Frame Format
- 1.4x Magnification Factor
- BBAR Coating
- Communication Between Lens and Camera
- Maintains Metering, Autofocus, and VC
- Dust and Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Compatible with SP 150-600mm G2 Lens
Increases maximum focal length:
Although the maximum focal length is increased, the minimum object distance remains nearly the same, so the magnification ratio during close focusing is enhanced. Both teleconverters are carefully designed and constructed to preserve the original superior image quality of the lens. The 2.0x model uses one LD (Low Dispersion) lens element to suppress aberrations. BBAR (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection) coatings are deployed on both models to help minimize ghosting and flare.
Autofocus and VC features are retained with compatible lenses
Autofocus functions normally with compatible lenses (please refer to Compatible Tamron Lens List below). VC (Vibration Compensation) performance is maintained.
Moisture-Proof and Dust-Resistant Construction
The new teleconverters are ideal for use in outdoor photography when matched with any lens that has a Moisture-Resistant Construction because special seals that are dust-resistant and moisture-proof are used at every joint and seam.
Sturdy, durable barrel design
The barrel frame of the teleconverters are made of die cast aluminum, except for some parts of the exterior finish, to maintain extra strength when used with large lenses. The design utilizes a bayonet mount made of brass on the camera side and stainless steel on the lens side to ensure excellent durability even with repeated mountings and detachments.
These accessories embody Tamron’s new design that’s born from the pursuit of functional beauty and achieved by smoothly blending engineering and design enhancements. Meticulous craftsmanship is applied to every detail. The new teleconverters feature a metal lens barrel and share this same design concept. Both teleconverters provide remarkable ease of use-even the release lever offers a comfortable touch to the photographer’s finger.
- Model : TC-X14
- Magnification : 1.4x
- Optical Construction : 6 elements in 3 groups
- Maximum Diameter : for Canon Ø70mm / for Nikon Ø62.6mm
- Length : for Canon, Nikon 0.8 in
- Entire Length : for Canon 1.3 in (34.1mm) / for Nikon 1.3 in (32.3mm)
- Weight : for Canon 7.2 oz / for Nikon 6.3oz
- Standard Accessories : Mount cap, Rear cap, Lens case
- Compatible Mounts : Canon, Nikon