- Model name: FUJIFILM EF-X500
- Release Date: July 7, 2016
- Color: Black
- Availability: September 2016
- Price: $449.99.
- Purchase options: B&H
- Maximum guide number of approximately 50 (ISO100･m) / 164 (ISO100·ft) • Zooming the illumination angle for the focal lengths of 24mm – 105mm, and covering the illumination angle of approximately 20mm when the wide panel is used
- Flash head that can be tilted up by 90° degrees, down by 10° degrees, to the left by 135° degrees and to the right by 180° degrees for bouncing light
- Equipped with LED video light that can also be used as AF assist light and catch light
- Registers up to ten combinations of various setting to suit specific shooting conditions in advance for quick activation when needed
The new high-end multi-function external FUJIFILM EF-X500 Flash is now official for the lineup of accessories for the X Series of digital cameras. The EF-X500 is a hot-shoe mount flash with a maximum guide number of approximately 50, and includes support for the FP mode (high-speed flash sync) so that the flash can be fired at any shutter speed. Photographers can now concentrate on shooting when a faster shutter speed is required, for example, in order to use a near-maximum aperture to produce beautiful bokeh.
The EF-X500 also supports multi-flash lighting. Users can set up multiple flashes to freely control light on a subject and background for a creative result. Through-the-lens (TTL) lighting control is available with single flash and also in the multi-flash setup, so that users can start shooting without having to make cumbersome adjustments to light output.