- Model name: FUJIFILM X-A10
- Release Date: December 1, 2016
- Focus Type: Autofocus / Manual
- Format : APS-C
- Mounts: Fuji
- Color: Black
- Availability: January 2017
- Price: $499
- Purchase options: Adorama | B&H | Amazon
- 16.3 megapixel APS-C sensor
- Interchangeable lens camera
- ISO 200-25600
- Maximum shutter speed of 1/32000 sec
- Proprietary color-reproduction technology
- Compact and lightweight body with retro design
- 180-degree slide-and-tilt LCD with 100% visibility
- Focus down to 7cm for Macro Photography with XC16-50mm II kit lens
- Wireless communication functionality
Outstanding image quality, made possible by the newly-developed 16.3 megapixel image sensor
- Fujifilm’s color reproduction technology, nurtured through the development of photographic film, reproduces accurate, warm skin tones, clear blue skies and lush green foliage in tones as you remember them in your mind.
- The APS-C sensor delivers beautifully smooth bokeh effects for portraiture and macro shots when using a shallow depth of field.
- The X-A10 offers a total of six Film Simulation modes, namely the true-to-life colors of PROVIA (standard), the vibrant tones and saturated colors of Velvia (vivid), the soft tones of ASTIA (soft), the documentary-style tones of CLASSIC CHROME, as well as Monochrome and Sepia.
- The normal sensitivity range covers ISO200 to ISO6400, while extended sensitivity settings of ISO12800 and even ISO25600 can be selected when you want to minimize camera shake. The X-A10 produces clear images with astonishingly low noise, even on low-light nightscapes and indoor shots where high ISOs are essential.
- Advanced Filters help you easily produce creative effects. A total of ten Advanced Filters are available, including the new “Fisheye” and “Cross Screen” as well as Toy Camera, Miniature, Dynamic Tone, Pop Color, Soft Focus, High Key, Low Key and Partial Color.
Designed for perfect self-portraits
- Perfect composition
The rear LCD employs a slide-and-tilt mechanism. When it is tilted 180 degrees into “selfie-mode”, it can slide out further to ensure the camera body doesn’t block the view.
- Ergonomic Grip
The grip is shaped to accommodate both normal shooting and self-portraits alike. The shape based on ergonomic was designed through prototype testing involving hundreds of photographers
- Automatic shooting modes
When taking a self-portrait, you can take photos by pressing the vertical command dial found directly below your index finger to minimize camera shake. The Self Timer function offers Smile Detection, that take photos automatically when the subject smiles, Buddy Timer which shoots when two people come close together, and Group Timer mode that automatically shoots when a specified number of people come into the frame.
- Intelligent focusing
Rotating the tilting LCD upward by 180 degrees activates the Eye Detection AF to automatically adjust the focus on the subject’s eyes.
- Beautiful skin reproduction
The X-A10 features a Portrait Enhancer mode, which makes the human skin look smoother and brighter. The beautiful skin tonality that only the X Series offers can be enjoyed also when shooting selfies
Extended battery life of approx. 410 frames per charge
- The energy-efficient design has extended the battery life to a class-leading level, allowing you to concentrate on shooting pictures without worrying about remaining battery power.
- The camera also supports charging via USB for maximum convenience, especially while traveling.
Class-leading minimum working distance and Super Intelligent Flash
- When fitted with the standard lens “XC16-50mmF3.5-5.6 OIS II,” the X-A10 can approach a subject up to the class-leading minimum working distance of approx. 7cm from the edge of the lens allowing you to explore the fantastic world of close-up macro photography.
- The built-in pop-up flash supports the Super Intelligent Flash system that accurately controls light output according to individual scenes. When shooting indoor portraits in low-light, small items or food, the flash system reduces highlight clipping to produce images exactly as your eyes see them. Natural colors and brightness are also achieved when shooting backlit scenes or photographing a person under intense sunlight that casts strong shadows on the face.
Full HD video recording
- Press the dedicated Video Recording button on the rear to easily start recording full HD (1080/30p, 25p, 24p) video.
- The Film Simulation function, popularly used for still images, can also be applied to video recording for a diverse range of creative effects, which can be combined with smooth bokeh, made possible with the APS-C sensor and FUJINON lenses to produce professional-looking, creative movies.
- Turning on the electronic image stabilization function delivers the five-axis image stabilization that combines optical and electronic stabilization, significantly reducing a variety of camera shakes that could occur during video recording. This function allows you to record high quality video with reduced camera shake while walking around with the camera in your hand.
Versatile shooting functions including the electronic shutter with the maximum speed of 1/32000 sec
- When using the ultra-fast electronic shutter, even under clear skies or other bright conditions, you can use large aperture to achieve a shallow depth of field without over-exposing the image. You can capture a scene exactly as intended without having to use an ND filter.
- As a result of answering the requests from many users, the X-A10 now features the Panorama and Time Lapse functions.
- Other new functions include the interlocking of Metering and AF areas, support for the Adobe RGB color space, and choice of different colors in Focus Peaking for assisting MF.
- Install the free FUJIFILM Camera Remote app on your smartphone or tablet and use the Wireless Communication function to transfer photos and videos to your device with a simple one-touch operation. You can view and select photos and videos in your camera or on your smartphone and then easily import them to your device. You can even attach GPS location information, obtained by your smart device, to your images.
- The Remote Shoot function lets you adjust exposure and other settings, focus and take photos from your smartphone or tablet device. With Remote Shooting, the app not only offers basic operations such as Touch AF and shutter speed adjustment, but also lets you adjust a variety of shooting settings or initiate video recording. It’s great for group photos, self-portraits or even wildlife photography where you might want to compose your shot from a distance.
- Images can also be sent directly from the camera to the Instax SHARE smartphone printer for instant printing.
- The camera is Wi-Fi® enabled** to easily back up in-camera data to your computer***
|Model Name||FUJIFILM X-A10|
|Number of effective pixels||16.3 million pixels|
|Image sensor||23.6mm x 15.6mm (APS-C) CMOS with primary color filter|
Sensor Cleaning system
Ultra Sonic Vibration
|Storage media||SD Card (-2G) / SDHC Card (-32G) / SDXC Card (-256G) UHS-I*1|
|File format|| |
JPEG (Exif Ver 2.3)*2 / RAW (RAF format) / RAW+JPEG (Design rule for Camera File system compliant / DPOF-compatible)
Movie File Format: MOV
Movie Video Compression: H.264
Audio: Linear PCM Stereo
|Number of recorded pixels||L: (3:2) 4896ｘ3264 / (16:9) 4896ｘ2760 / (1:1) 3264×3264|
M: (3:2) 3456ｘ2304 / (16:9) 3456ｘ1944 / (1:1) 2304×2304
S: (3:2) 2496ｘ1664 / (16:9) 2496ｘ1408 / (1:1) 1664×1664
180°: Vertical: 2160 x 9600 / Horizontal: 9600 x 1440
120°: Vertical: 2160 x 6400 / Horizontal: 6400 x 1440
|Lens mount||FUJIFILM X mount|
|Sensitivity||Standard Output Sensitivity : AUTO1 / AUTO2 / AUTO3(up to ISO6400) / ISO200 to 6400(1/3 step)|
Extended output sensitivity : ISO100 / 12800 / 25600
|Exposure control||TTL 256-zone metering, Multi / Spot / Average|
|Exposure mode||P(Program AE) / A(Aperture Priority AE) / S(Shutter Speed Priority AE) / M(Manual Exposure)|
|Exposure compensation||-3.0EV – +3.0EV, 1/3EV step|
(movie recording : -2.0EV – +2.0EV)
|Image Stabilizer||Supported with OIS type lens|
|Shutter type||Focal Plane Shutter|
|Shutter speed||Mechanical Shutter|
4 sec. to 1/4000 sec.(P mode), 30 sec. to 1/4000 sec.(All modes)
Bulb mode(up to 60 min), TIME : 30 sec. to 1/4000 sec.
1 sec. to 1/32000 sec.(P / A / S / M modes)
Bulb mode : 1 sec. fixed, TIME : 1 sec to 1/32000 sec.
Mechanical + Electronic Shutter
4 sec. to 1/32000 sec.(P mode), 30 sec. to 1/32000 sec.(All modes)
Bulb mode(up to 60 min), TIME : 30 sec. to 1/32000 sec.
Synchronized shutter speed for flash
1/180 sec. or slower
|Continuous shooting||Approx. 6.0 fps (JPEG : max. approx. 20 frames)|
Approx. 3.0 fps (JPEG : up to the capacity of the card)
|Auto bracketing||AE Bracketing (±1/3EV, ±2/3EV, ±1EV)|
Film Simulation Bracketing (Any 3 types of film simulation selectable)
Dynamic Range Bracketing (100% · 200% · 400%)
ISO sensitivity Bracketing (±1/3EV, ±2/3EV, ±1EV)
White Balance Bracketing (±1, ±2, ±3)
Manual Focus/ Multi AF / Area AF / Continuous AF / Tracking AF
TTL contrast AF, AF assist illuminator available
AF frame selection
Area AF (49 areas with 7 x 7), Changeable AF frame size
|White balance||Automatic Scene recognition / Custom / Color temperature selection (2500K-10000K) / Preset: Fine,Shade, Fluorescent light (Daylight), Fluorescent light (Warm White), Fluorescent light (Cool White),Incandescent light, Underwater|
|Self-timer||2sec. / 10sec. / Smile / Buddy (LV.1 – LV.3) / Group (1-4 subjects)|
|Flash||Manual pop-up flash (Super Intelligent Flash)|
Guide number : Approx 5 (ISO100・m) / Approx 7 (ISO200・m)
|Flash modes|| |
Red-eye removal OFF
Auto/Forced Flash/Suppressed Flash/Slow Synchro/Rear-curtain Synchro/Commander
Red-eye removal ON
Red-eye Reduction Auto/Red-eye Reduction & Forced Flash/Suppressed Flash/ Red-eye Reduction & Slow Synchro/Red-eye Reduction & Rear-curtain Synchro/Commander
|LCD monitor||3.0-inch, aspect ratio 3:2, approx. 1,040K-dot Tilt-type, TFT color LCD monitor (approx. 100% coverage)|
|Movie recording||Full HD 1920 x 1080 30p / 25p / 24p, Continuous recording : up to approx. 14 min.|
HD 1280 x 720 60p / 50p / 24p, Continuous recording : up to approx. 27 min.
|Mode dial||Advanced SR AUTO / P / S / A / M / C(Custom) / Night / Sports / Landscape / Portrait Enhancer / SP(Scene Position) / Adv.|
|Film Simulation mode||6 type (PROVIA/STANDARD, Velvia/VIVID, ASTIA/SOFT, CLASSIC CHROME, MONOCHROME, SEPIA)|
|Dynamic range setting||AUTO, 100%, 200%, 400%|
ISO restriction (DR100%: No limit, DR200%: ISO400 or more, DR400%: ISO800 or more)
|Advanced filter||Toy camera, Miniature, Pop color, High-key, Low-key, Dynamic tone, Fish-eye, Soft focus, Cross screen, Partial color (Red / Orange / Yellow / Green / Blue / Purple)|
|Other photography functions||Advanced SR AUTO, Eye detection AF, Face Detection, Interval timer shooting, Auto Red-eye Removal, Select custom setting, Motion panorama, Color space, Setting (Color, Sharpness, D-range, Gradation), Film Simulation, Advanced Filter, Framing guideline, Frame No. memory, Histogram display, Preview depth of focus, Focus check, Focus Peak Highlight, Multiple exposure, Fn button setting, ISO AUTO control, Interlock spot AE & Focus area, Edit/Save quick menu, Preview exp./WB in manual mode, Shutter Type|
|Playback functions||RAW conversion, Image rotate, Auto image rotate, Face Detection, Red-eye reduction, Photobook assist, Erase selected frames, Multi-frame playback (with micro thumbnail), Slide show, Protect, Crop, Resize, Panorama, Favorites|
|Wireless transmitter|| |
IEEE 802.11b/g/n (standard wireless protocol)
|Wireless functions||Geotagging setup, Image transfer (Individual image/Selected multiple images), View & Obtain Images, PC Autosave, instax Printer Print|
|Other functions||35 Languages, Date/Time, Time difference, Sound & Flash OFF, Quick start Mode, High Performance, Preview exp. in Manual mode, LCD Brightness, LCD Color, Preview Pic. Effect, DISP. Custom Setting|
USB 2.0 High-Speed / micro USB terminal
* connectable with Remote Release RR-90 (sold separately)
HDMI Micro connector (Type D)
|Power supply||NP-W126S Li-ion battery (included)|
|Dimensions||116.9(W) mm x 67.4 (H) mm x 40.4(D) mm / 4.6 in.(W) x 2.7 in. (H) x 1.6 in. (D)|
(Minimum depth: 32.1 mm/ 1.3 in.)
|Weight||Approx. 331g / 11.7 oz. (including battery and memory card)|
Approx. 282g / 9.9 oz. (excluding accessories, battery and memory card)
|Operating Temperature||0 – 40°C / 32 – 104°F|
|Operating Humidity||10 – 80% (no condensation)|
|Battery life for still images*4||Approx. 410 frames (with XF35mmF1.4 R lens)|
|Starting up period||Approx. 0.7 sec., when High Performance mode set to ON|
Approx. 1.3 sec., when High Performance mode set to OFF
|Accessories included||Li-ion battery NP-W126S|
AC power adapter AC-5VF